Friday, April 15, 2011

PC won't let you install an Anti-Virus program?

I have actually seen malware uninstall a certain A-V program before. The weird thing is when I tried to install a new A-V program, it would start to install...then...nothing.

Seriously the computer would act like I never even installed the new anti-virus program.

The reason is that a Rootkit is blocking the installation of certain programs.

The solution is boot the computer up in safemode(F5) with networking, and download Combofix from www.bleepingcomputer.com

This A-V will enable you to now install your malwarebytes or AVG or whatever.

If this still doesn't help I urge you to read my Malware Hijacked tutorial.


Best wishes

2 comments:

  1. Some, like Conficker 'D' disable Safe Mode. -Geryon

    I'll click the banner on top, even though I'm running Ubuntu/B|T5. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in that case using a Linux based bootable anti virus CD is the better option.

    Use the Malware Rescue CD to get started. Its free.

    www.stop-malware.com/malware-rescue-cd.html

    make sure you update it once it runs!

    ReplyDelete